The following admission policy is framed in compliance with the provision of Section 18(3) of PMC Act 2020 and PMC Medical and Dental Undergraduate Education (Admission Curriculum and Conduct) Regulations 2022-23 dated 12th Oct 2022, for admission of students to Women Medical & Dental College, Abbottabad for MBBS/BDS courses.
- Any candidate seeking admission in Women Medical & Dental College, Abbottabad shall only be eligible fulfilling the following compulsory criteria
- Has obtained 60% marks in HSSC (Pre- Medical) or Equivalent therein or higher percentage as may be notified by the PMC.
- Has passed the subjects of Biology, Chemistry and Physics or Mathematics in the HSSC or an equivalent examination recognized in Pakistan.
- Passed the MDCAT as per PMC regulation – 2022
Weightage of Merit
- Secondary School certificate (SSC) or equivalent 10% weightage
- Intermediate Pre-Medical (HSSC) or equivalent 40% weightage
- PMC-MDCAT 50% weightage
- In case final merit of more than one candidate is equal up to four decimals, the candidate older in age shall stand higher in merit;
- Merit lists will be notified / displayed after the closure of submission of application for admission.
- After the display of final merit list if there is any vacant seat, the next candidate on merit in the waiting list will be offered admission accordingly.
- Candidates can make written representation at college admission online portal through email (firstname.lastname@example.org) against any error, omissions, mistakes in the merit list.
- No application shall be entertained that is received after 24th December 2022 for MBBS and 10th January 2023 for BDS.
Applicants will be invited by the Principal through online portal of WMDC to submit their applications within specified date and time.
- The applicants must upload the following documents at a time of applying for admission.
- Matriculation (SSC)/ IBCC certificates.
- HSSC / IBCC equivalent certificate
- Domicile certificate.
- CNIC/ Form B of applicant and Father
- Passport copy (for Foreign Applicants only)
- Passport size photograph
- MDCAT registration /Result.
- The applicants are directed to visit college website regularly for updated information / notifications.
- All correspondences to the applicant will be carried out through email provided by the applicant.
- All selected candidates will be required to submit their original documents at the time of admission and it should be treated as mandatory.
- All selected candidates and their parents / guardian will be required to provide an affidavit on stamp paper of Rs. 100 duly attested by the notary public on format provided by the college.
- Admission offer will remain provisional subject to verification of documents, medical fitness and fee submitted within the prescribed period.
Deposit of College Fee.
It is mandatory for selected candidates to pay college dues within three working days. In case of failure to make payment, her admission offer shall stand cancelled and next candidate on merit will be offered admission.
- Directives of PMC Rules and regulation regarding undergraduate admission 2022-23 will be followed.
- Fee of only current academic session will be demanded.
- Fee will be deposited in the designated bank account.
- There is NO DONATION POLICY only merit criteria are followed.
- Admissions to medical and dental programs shall be conducted separately and each student is required to apply separately to a medical or dental program.
- A student having not applied to a given program shall not be entitled to admission to such program.
- A student can apply to both public sector and private sector colleges.
- For admission to a private college no distinction shall be made in terms of merit and criteria between a Pakistani, overseas Pakistani or foreign student.
- There will be no transfer in 1st Year MBBS/BDS. As per PMC rules and Regulations.
- A registered student who either elects to leave the medical or dental program or is expelled from the college on account of failing to pass the professional exams or for any other reason shall have their Student Fee paid treated as forfeited and no refund shall be claimed.
- A college may require a student to obtain health insurance subject to the student having the option to acquire such insurance from its own sources or the insurance provider recommended by the college. As per PMC rules and Regulations.
- A student who defaults in payment of tuition fee shall be liable to be expelled by the college subject to a reasonable period being granted to the student to remedy the defaulted fee. A college who expels a student on account of default in payment of tuition fee shall notify the Authority within one week and the student’s registration with the Authority shall be cancelled permanently.
- If a student after having obtained admission seeks to leave the program, the college shall have the right to adjust the tuition fee already paid pro rata to the period spent by the student in the program along with a penalty not exceeding ten percent of the total annual fee.
- A detained student shall be charged tuition fee in proportion to the number of failed subjects of that professional examination.